Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet


Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



It normally takes me 3-5 days to finish an interesting piece of fiction. It took me a whole MONTH to read this book. The writing seemed really spotty in places, and it took me 2/3 the way through the book to actually get interested in the story. I found it difficult to put the book down in the final 50 pages or so, but I want to say that that was in spite of Jamie Ford's writing. I found him to be dull to read, and clichéd in places.

Final analysis? Interesting story had someone else told it. Had this not been for my book club, I wouldn't have bothered after the first 40 pages.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment