Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do


Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do
Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do by Meredith Maran

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



I couldn't get through Why We Write quickly enough. Suddenly I find myself bemoaning the fact I'm working on a master's thesis and not working on a novel instead! Really though, this book is filled with such interesting essays and information. The editing is superb; the writers chosen are varied in genre, age, and experience, and I had such fun reading how they got started in their writing careers, their individual writing processes, and tips for writing well.

This is a fantastic book for a would-be writer (maybe something to help give the final push?), the discouraged writer, or the enthusiastic reader who would like to know more about the writing process.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment