Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: Life's Work: Confessions of an Unbalanced Mom


Life's Work: Confessions of an Unbalanced Mom
Life's Work: Confessions of an Unbalanced Mom by Lisa Belkin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I picked this up in the feminist-mothering section of the library at Columbia. I gave it a good shot of about fifty pages, but there just isn't anything great here. I feel like maybe I should read more, but I'm bored and I don't feel like I'm going to read anything that will speak to me or enhance my understanding of the challenges and moments of grace in mothering.

I'm annoyed that there doesn't seem to be any depth here. It's like I'm reading small blog posts, and the themes are loose at best. Yes, the writing is clear, but it just isn't interesting. I probably would keep reading if I didn't have all of these other amazing books on mothering at home right now (go thesis project!).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment