Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids


Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids
Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids by Christina Katz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I read Writer Mama by Christine Katz as part of a month-long writing course this February. Before reading it, I knew practically nothing about what it would take to be a freelance writer.

After reading it:
- I know what I want to write about and how to find audiences for what I have to say.
- I can write a query or cover letter
- I know how to write several different kinds of articles (how-to, list, personal essay, etc.)
- I have a good idea what I need to do do market myself
- I know how to keep track of my expenses for tax purposes
- I can in general can see how freelance writing could be a plausible source of income.

Katz provides clear instructions and examples in addition to immensely helpful exercises. If you're a mom (or dad) that is looking to bring in some extra cash through writing, this book is a fantastic place to start.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment