Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: Gone Girl


Gone Girl
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It is hard to right an adequate review of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn without saying too much. I promise up front, no spoilers!

I waited an obscenely long time on the NYPL's hold list for this book after hearing rave reviews from my book club members. I knew three things:

1). The book is about a married couple.
2). Gone Girl isn't your typical whodunit.
3). Every person I know who has read Gone Girl has loved it. Stayed up all night to read loved it.

Seriously, that was it.

Gillian Flynn is a master - she writes great plot, interesting (albeit a bit unlikeable) characters, and does it all with quite a clever hand. The book was incredibly detailed in all the right ways. I had some serious trouble putting it down, and can't wait to get my hands on Flynn's other books. I absolutely have to add her to my favorite mystery author list with Tana French and Agatha Christie. And Janet Evanovich (not!).

My only gripe: I'm not totally in love with the ending. The book still gets five stars though for being immensely engaging and a whole lot of fun.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment