Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall is Here: Pumpkin Muffin Time!


I know, they sound odd, but these muffins are wicked delicious! I found a recipe on epicurious.com and tweaked it to my liking (and my attempts to be a little healthy in my muffin-making endeavors).

My changes:

  • I made 18 regular-sized muffins instead of the 6 giant muffins. Do I love a giant pumpkin muffin? Yes, yes I do! Would my midwife kill me if she knew the amount of carbs one of those has? Yes, yes she would.
  • I used all white whole-wheat flour, which made them a little less cake-like, but I'm okay with that
  • instead of using all oil, I used mostly applesauce (1/3 cup maybe?) and topped off the measuring cup with oil
  • I added about 1/4 cup ground flax
  • I added a decent helping of cinnamon
  • I added 1/2 cup of craisins to the wet mix with the crystallized ginger. I would recommend adding a full cup, 1/2 cup was not enough!
  • I adjusted the icing - I only had dark molasses and it was strong tasting the first time I made the icing. That batch was scrapped, and I remade it without the molasses, adding a little vanilla and a generous teaspoon of cinnamon.



No comments:

Post a Comment