Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review: Chocolat


Chocolat
Chocolat by Joanne Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I read Chocolate in four hours while traveling. What a delightful, delicious book! And my god, the lovely imagery and beautiful discussions of sweets and cooking!

Yes, some details are different from the movie but who cares? It still tackles the primary struggle between Vianne/chocolate/acceptance and priest/tradition/social mores, and the community interacting with both. Of course, Vianne is such a admirable character, strong and feminine, a woman connected with her past and present in a beautiful way.

This was one of my chick-lit reads for my wedding week/honeymoon. Strongly suggested if you want something frivolous and light while attempting to keep your dignity intact.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment