Saturday, May 5, 2012

Homemade Ricotta

My lovely friend Alli came over on Thursday to keep Felicity and I company, and she asked if I had ever made ricotta. No, I had not. What an intriguing idea, especially as I'd recently come across a ricotta recipe on Pinterest.

We went to the store. We bought our ingredients. We got to cooking once Felicity fell asleep. And it was really, unbelievably easy. 

We bought a lovley loaf of crusty french bread and made crostinis, and made the Honeyed Grape Compote with red grapes, which was amazing (although Ian is decidedly not a fan), with a side salad of arugula and pears, with a light balsamic-basil dressing. The next day, Ian and I ate the crostinis with the rest of the ricotta with some basil-infused olive oil stirred in, sundried tomatoes, and arugula.

So, if you haven't tried making ricotta yet and have 90 minutes to spare, get thee to thy kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment