Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging


The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging
The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging by Huffington Post

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Admittedly, I skimmed this how-to on blogging all in one day, but I took notes to help develop my own blog, so I don't feel so terrible. The book does have good advice for starting a blog, including the pros and cons of several servers you set up with (I'm on blogger.com myself), for choosing content, and how to get yourself out there and hopefully, become a success.

The main suggestions that, in retrospect seem really simple, but are actually helpful are as follows:
- Have a central theme for your blog, something you're passionate about
- Have a simple and memorable name, same with posts
- Post often and respond to your readers' comments
- Get involved in the blogging community and get involved in conversations with like-minded blogs.

If you're interested in the Huffington Post, this lovely primer has lots of fun history and facts, and quotes from major celebrities in the blogging sphere. What's not to love?

Personally, I'm still trying to find my niche, but I'm trying to develop it a little and hope to have readers besides my husband and the occasional visit from my mom. We all can dream...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment