Monday, July 9, 2012

Eating More Responsibly / Weekly Menu

Well, I think I've decided to cut out meat again, at least meat that isn't locally sourced, responsibly grown, and humanely butchered. This cuts out quite a bit and means we'll be moving to a mostly-vegetarian menu.

I was a vegetarian for over six years, just got lazy when I met that tall, dashing man I married (who loves his meat). But we're willing to go into this together, we've been talking on and off about this sort of adjustment since the baby was born.

Well, we'll see how it goes. I'll need to do a little research this week to see if I need any additional supplements to support myself, and nursing the baby.

Weekly Menu
Portobello Burgers with Pesto, Provolone, and Roasted Peppers, Grilled Corn
Black Bean & Zucchini Chilaquiles
Belgian Leek Tart with Aged Goat Cheese (Flamiche Aux Poireaux), simple side salad with Spring Greens
Quinoa Cakes with Eggplant-Tomato Ragu and Smoke Mozzarella
Bruschetta with White Beans and Walnuts, Rustic Italian Bread, and Sauteed Spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment