Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Hit Man


Hit Man
Hit Man by Lawrence Block

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I first listened to Hit Man by Lawrence Block on a road trip to Michigan with my brother, seven years ago. I remembered enjoying it immensely at the time, and so talked my husband into picking it up as our book to read aloud with each other.

Keller is, as one might imagine by the title, a hit man. The book isn't so much about the murders though, or even that he's a bad person. Instead, you get a glimpse into Keller's psyche as he processes his past and present, and contemplates what it is he really wants in life. The back of the book advertises it as a 'midlife crisis,' which seems somewhat accurate.

Having read through the second, and now into the third book of the series, Hit Man is by far the most enjoyable of the three so far. It's by no means a deep read, but Keller's thought processes are enjoyable to witness, and he has an interesting personality that makes you look forward to reading, and makes it difficult to put the book down.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment